Senior Powertrain Engineer (m/f) 1
Warwick, UK, Croatia
We are a technology powerhouse that designs, engineers, and manufactures the world's most advanced automotive technology and hypercars. Bytes to bolts, Rimac is where everything happens.
Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for our flagship, record-breaking hypercar, the Nevera, as well as for other automotive manufacturers’ vehicles. Working on technology solutions for partners such as Porsche, Hyundai, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Automobili Pininfarina, and others, gives Rimac a unique position of a technology leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. The stakes are high.
As a fast-moving company, we nurture a high-performing culture. If you are interested in joining, you must be prepared for relentless learning, adapting, and embracing new technologies. We expect an easy-going person, but also self-driven, entrepreneurial, and highly independent in their work, that will enjoy rising to the challenge and have fun pushing the limits of technology.
Our expectations are high. And we can only achieve our goals with the dedication and collaboration of our exceptional team. Our ambition is to deliver and go the extra mile. We need to expand our already industry-leading team, find the best people, and lead the charge.
We are looking for engineers who are familiar with the process of developing complex systems from the idea to the finished product. A hands-on approach and a very good understanding of technological processes involved in the development and production of powertrain systems is mandatory.
The ideal candidate has a strong passion for cars, technology and engineering with a background of automotive/mechanical/electrical engineering education and has worked on additional projects within the industry.
- Develop electric powertrain system requirements and decomposes into component and integration requirements using system engineering and requirement management tools like SysML, EA, DOORS, JAMA etc. and tracking the request to feature/attribute testing
- Works with powertrain sub-systems and components - inverter, motor, transmission, EA to assign requirements, discuss trade offs, perform design reviews and ensure successful integrated product deliverables with key ownership
- Performs detailed studies and analysis of the powertrain system (including the mechanical, thermal, electrical, and controls architecture) with emphasis on performance evaluation, design optimization, component selection/sizing and EE architectures
- Create high performance, reliable and scalable powertrain system architectures by adapting existing platforms, evolving existing products and innovating advanced industry leading solutions
- Responsible cross functionality interface between suppliers, external and internal stakeholders including management, manufacturing, quality, homologation, testing etc.
- Responsible for PWT system level DFMEA, EOL and DVP&R including defining test specifications, methodologies, resource planning, 8D analysis reporting and mitigation efforts
- Perform product life cycle management, system level thermal and performance simulations including innovative optimization methodologies
- Master’s Degree in automotive/mechanical/electrical engineering
- At least 5 years of professional experience in powertrain systems/components development at an automotive Tier1 or OEM
- An expert/high level of technical knowledge and experience of powertrain component/system product development cycle including design, packaging, technology, machining, production and testing from concept to series
- Methodical working skills with knowledge of NVH attributes, MBSE and MBD tools
- Fluent English in spoken and written form
- Highly Skilled in organization, supplier management and project/resource planning
- Multi-faceted skillset and the ability to multi-task effectively on different projects and assignments
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines and goals with clear communication skills individually or in a team
- Experience in CAD packages, BoM/PDM and program management
- Experience in powertrain and/or vehicle DV&V program executions
3. Considered as an advantage:
- Knowledge of thermal and performance simulation tools like GT-Suite, Amesim, Matlab/Simulink
- Understanding of conformity standards for automotive applications including ISO 26262, Autosar, ASPICE, Communication protocols etc.
- Experience with core EV Powertrain architectures and topologies
- Knowledge of NVH attributes and MBD simulation tools from system perspective
- Knowledge of German (not obligatory)
What we are like and what we offer
- We operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Family-like and open work environment (subsidies for kindergartens, Christmas parties for kids, and presents for kids)
- Financial subsidy for transportation
- Additional and supplementary healthcare covered
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counseling
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
- Discounts at stores and clinics – for humans and pets 😊
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.