Quality Engineer (m/f)
ZG - Velimira Škorpika, Croatia
We are a technology powerhouse that designs, engineers, and manufactures the world's most advanced automotive technology and hypercars. Bytes to bolts, Rimac is where everything happens.
Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for our flagship, record-breaking hypercar, the Nevera, as well as for other automotive manufacturers’ vehicles. Working on technology solutions for partners such as Porsche, Hyundai, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Automobili Pininfarina, and others, gives Rimac a unique position of a technology leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. The stakes are high.
As a fast-moving company, we nurture a high-performing culture. If you are interested in joining, you must be prepared for relentless learning, adapting, and embracing new technologies. We expect an easy-going person, but also self-driven, entrepreneurial, and highly independent in their work, that will enjoy rising to the challenge and have fun pushing the limits of technology.
Our expectations are high. And we can only achieve our goals with the dedication and collaboration of our exceptional team. Our ambition is to deliver and go the extra mile. We need to expand our already industry-leading team, find the best people, and lead the charge.
As a member of the Program Core Team, the Quality Engineer has a end-to-end responsibility, from supplier to customer.
- Cascade quality requirements to suppliers
- Work with Engineering team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability in order to meet product and process requirements
- Ensure part quality (APQP / PPAP) preparation with suppliers
- Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP).
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
- Support the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Build quality strategy according to main project milestones
- Define initial Project Quality objectives based on customer requirements
- Part of quality gate review (main project milestones)
- Participate to risk analysis activities (FMEA)
- Identify critical characteristics for both product and process
- Define control plan for incoming inspection, in-line inspection and end-of-line inspection
- Attend and support testing during development phases
- Have the authority to stop any process or product delivery in case of non-conformity
- Manages non-conformity
- Conduct quality review meeting during critical phases of the project
- Lead Customer audits and define action plan
- Lead relation with Customer Program Quality
2. Knowledge / skills :
- Strong ability to communicate efficiently with all levels of management, co-workers and subordinates
- Customer relationship skills
- Leadership and autonomy skills
- Team player with strong communication skills
- International mind set
- Preferred bi-lingual (English required)
- Knowledge of quality norm such as ISO 9001 or ISO TS 16949
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
3. Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or master, preferred in engineering (mechanics, automotiv industry, etc.) and specific qualification (functional analysis, FMEA, Special Characteristics management, measurement, reliability, problem solving, variability reduction, etc.)
- Experience in Quality Assurance (supplier quality or quality engineering)
- 3-5 years of proven experience in automotive industry is a plus
4. What we are like and what we offer
- We operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Family-like and open work environment (subsidies for kindergartens, Christmas parties for kids, and presents for kids)
- Financial subsidy for transportation
- Additional and supplementary healthcare covered
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counseling
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
- Discounts at stores and clinics – for humans and pets 😊
If you are a creative, problem solving, open-minded, highly-motivated individual and you love a fast-paced environment and are up for the challenge – where were you hiding?