Intellectual Property Legal Counsel
ZG - Velimira Škorpika, Croatia
We are a technology powerhouse that designs, engineers, and manufactures the world's most advanced automotive technology and hypercars. Bytes to bolts, Rimac is where everything happens.
Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for our flagship, record-breaking hypercar, the Nevera, as well as for other automotive manufacturers’ vehicles. Working on technology solutions for partners such as Porsche, Hyundai, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Automobili Pininfarina, and others, gives Rimac a unique position of a technology leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. The stakes are high.
As a fast-moving company, we nurture a high-performing culture. If you are interested in joining, you must be prepared for relentless learning, adapting, and embracing new technologies. We expect an easy-going person, but also self-driven, entrepreneurial, and highly independent in their work, that will enjoy rising to the challenge and have fun pushing the limits of technology.
Our expectations are high. And we can only achieve our goals with the dedication and collaboration of our exceptional team. Our ambition is to deliver and go the extra mile. We need to expand our already industry-leading team, find the best people, and lead the charge.
About your new role:
We are searching for an enthusiastic Intellectual Property Legal Counsel to join us in one of our Bugatti Rimac offices. Our mission is to become one of the leading hypercar manufacturers and you as an Intellectual Property Expert will help us to do this by ensuring that our precious intellectual property from technical vehicle development, design and Bugatti and Rimac trademarks are fully protected. Moreover, you will be advising team members from all departments on all IP related matters and help Bugatti Rimac Group to grow its brand value.
1. In your new role you will:
- Provide legal advice to all business lines, functions and management to allow them to take a decision or to pursue their activities with full information on the legal IP impacts
- Advise and support on the protection, commercialisation, and enforcement of Intellectual Property (IP)
- Manage trademark and IP portfolio of Bugatti Rimac, including global searches, filings, prosecution, and renewals
- Draft, prepare, and file IP applications, including drafting descriptions of goods and services; preparing and filing extensions in time, allegations of use
- Work with brand licensing managers of Bugatti and Rimac to create, enhance and implement brand licensing strategies
- Discuss, draft and negotiate license agreements and IP clauses of supplier contracts
- Location: Zagreb or any other Bugatti Rimac location
2. What do you need to be successful?
- Master’s degree in Law (LL.M.) or any other Bar exam with excellent academic results
- 5+ years of professional experience as a qualified lawyer or a legal department with experience in intellectual property rights
- Ability communicate with other departments regarding complex IP matters at an all levels
- The successful candidate will be a fully qualified IP and/or patent attorney, automotive background would be a plus
- Demonstrated effectiveness in presentations of legal situations/risks to business departments
- Proven ability to work in a fast-changing environment and execute with urgency
- Excellent judgement, logical-analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Communicative and self-driven person
- Enthusiasm and drive to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, being able to adapt to changing demands
- Hands on mentality
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
3. What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to work for a start-up striving to become a leading hypercar manufacturer
- Working with a diverse and talented group of colleagues
- A high level of collaboration and autonomy
What we are like and what we offer
- We operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Family-like and open work environment (subsidies for kindergartens, Christmas parties for kids, and presents for kids)
- Financial subsidy for transportation
- Additional and supplementary healthcare covered
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counseling
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
- Discounts at stores and clinics – for humans and pets 😊
If you are a creative, problem solving, open-minded, highly-motivated individual and you love a fast-paced environment and are up for the challenge – where were you hiding?