Functional Safety Engineer
Sveta Nedelja, Croatia
Rimac Automobili is a technology powerhouse, manufacturing electric hypercars and providing full tech solutions to global automotive manufacturers. Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for the Concept_One and C_Two as well as numerous public and confidential projects, thus positioning Rimac as a leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry.
We always wanted to be more than just a place to work. What we do and how all of our team members feel is meaningful to us and we want each to feel like part of a big family.
Responsibilities and work tasks:
- Participate in the vehicle level concept definitions and vehicle level development steps.
- Prepare the safety-related item definition.
- Prepare the Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
- Define Safety Goals.
- Prepare the Functional Safety Concept.
- Define and perform vehicle level integration and validation testing in coordination with other teams.
- Maintain all safety-related documentation at vehicle level.
- Coordinate the safety-related activities on the suppliers’ side and keep them aligned.
- Keep safety-related requirements aligned with other functional and technical requirements at vehicle level.
- Manage the lifecycle of all safety-related assets.
- Coordinate and validate the work of external safety-related suppliers (potential ISO26262 consultants).
Required skills & competencies:
- Minimum BSc or BEng Automotive / Electrical / Systems Engineering or a related field of study.
- Good knowledge of the V development model.
- Experience in system definition, development or testing.
- Experience with the application of ISO26262.
- Ability to see the overall big picture, the correlation between the systems, system elements also considering the technical aspects.
- Analytical mindset.
- Self-motivated and self-organized way of working.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Additional qualifications (advantages):
- Experience from both OEM and Tier1 sides regarding ISO26262.
- Previous software or hardware development experience.
- Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as Jama, DOORS, Integrity, etc.
- Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes, such as CMMI, ASPICE, etc.
- Knowledge and execution of in analysis methods like FTA, DFA, FMEA, etc.
What we offer
- The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology, from scratch!
- Family-like and open work environment
- Courageous, curious and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support for accommodation and transportation
- Dog-friendly office
We thank all those who submit applications for this role. Please note that only those candidates who meet the required experience and qualifications will be contacted directly. All of our applicants will be provided with equal opportunities regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, culture or any other non-work related personal characteristic. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.