Control System Simulation & Integration Testing Lead
Sveta Nedelja, Croatia
We are a technology powerhouse that designs, engineers, and manufactures the world's most advanced automotive technology and hypercars. Bytes to bolts, Rimac is where everything happens.
Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for our flagship, record-breaking hypercar, the Nevera, as well as for other automotive manufacturers’ vehicles. Working on technology solutions for partners such as Porsche, Hyundai, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Automobili Pininfarina, and others, gives Rimac a unique position of a technology leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. The stakes are high.
As a fast-moving company, we nurture a high-performing culture. If you are interested in joining, you must be prepared for relentless learning, adapting, and embracing new technologies. We expect an easy-going person, but also self-driven, entrepreneurial, and highly independent in their work, that will enjoy rising to the challenge and have fun pushing the limits of technology.
Our expectations are high. And we can only achieve our goals with the dedication and collaboration of our exceptional team. Our ambition is to deliver and go the extra mile. We need to expand our already industry-leading team, find the best people, and lead the charge.
- Lead the development and the deployment of SIL and HIL integrated active and passive vehicle models in the DIL bench to enable dynamic function testing
- Full modeling and simulation of vehicle architectures and components with specific focus to vehicle dynamics and powertrain controls
- Technical supervision on test cases definition, plan, execution and report
- Creation of innovative methods and tools for the functional assessment of the control logics & strategies for different use cases
- Creation, maintenance and storage of the test results, data dictionary, vehicles parameters and measurements (data management)
- Support proactively the colleagues concerning the SW and logics improvement and bug fixing
- Fulfil project lead activities for speeding up technical decisions and proper escalation at the right level for the specific topics
- Support any issue interfacing with all R&D units and Company departments
- Ensure lesson learned and robustness of engineering concepts within the entire perimeter in his responsibility
- Responsible for tendering, sourcing, steering and monitoring of external engineering partners.
- Support System Engineering activities (boundary diagrams definition, interface analysis, FMEAs)
- Steer the development, the enhancement and maintenance of technological solutions such as Driver In the Loop (DIL), Hardware In the Loop (HIL), Model In the Loop (MIL) and Software In the Loop (SIL) for Vehicle Control systems integration testing, with the aim of increasing the capabilities of simulations and automations. The mission of this role is to facilitate as much as possible the work of function design and test engineers in developing and verifying complete vehicle functions inside a simulated environment.
- Lead the Control System Simulation and Integration Team.
- Weekly meeting with Head of Vehicle Control Systems Integration for alignment and shared decisions agreement.
- Support the Head of Control Systems Integration in setting and managing objectives & targets of the team.
- Liaise with Tier 1 suppliers for SW and HW of Control Systems and academic research partners.
- Adhere to investment and piece costs targets in line with the business cycle plan.
3. Required skills and competencies:
Broad engineering experience within the Automotive/Motorsport industry and proven record in delivering innovative solutions, preferably for Active Chassis and/or Hybrid/EV Powertrain.
Experience in real-time Simulation and Test Automation toolchains (deep knowledge in at least one of the following: dSPACE, NationaI Instruments, Vector, Concurrent, Speedgoat)
Excellent knowledge of Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and related Toolboxes for design validation, test cases generation and coverage performing
Good knowledge of ECUs measurement and calibration (ETAS INCA, MDA).
Good knowledge of SW versioning tools (GIT)
Good knowledge of automotive V-model systems development lifecycle.
Generally good understanding of vehicle performance and requirements of vehicle development and attribute performance
Good knowledge of communication protocols (UDP, TCP, etc.), vehicle networks (CAN, Ethernet, Flexray) and related network analysis tools like CANAlyzer, CANoe.
Fully proficient in English
Comfortable with planning and organization
4. Considered as a plus:
- Basic knowledge of Functional Safety (ISO 26262) and Automotive Cybersecurity (ISO/SAE21434)
- Broad and hands-on experience of FMEA & FuSa processes and robust problem resolution
What we are like and what we offer
- We operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Family-like and open work environment (subsidies for kindergartens, Christmas parties for kids, and presents for kids)
- Financial subsidy for transportation
- Additional and supplementary healthcare covered
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counseling
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
- Discounts at stores and clinics – for humans and pets 😊
If you are a creative, problem solving, open-minded, highly-motivated individual and you love a fast-paced environment and are up for the challenge – where were you hiding?