We are a technology powerhouse that designs, engineers, and manufactures the world's most advanced automotive technology and hypercars. Bytes to bolts, Rimac is where everything happens.
Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for our flagship, record-breaking hypercar, the Nevera, as well as for other automotive manufacturers’ vehicles. Working on technology solutions for partners such as Porsche, Hyundai, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Automobili Pininfarina, and others, gives Rimac a unique position of a technology leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. The stakes are high.
As a fast-moving company, we nurture a high-performing culture. If you are interested in joining, you must be prepared for relentless learning, adapting, and embracing new technologies. We expect an easy-going person, but also self-driven, entrepreneurial, and highly independent in their work, that will enjoy rising to the challenge and have fun pushing the limits of technology.
Our expectations are high. And we can only achieve our goals with the dedication and collaboration of our exceptional team. Our ambition is to deliver and go the extra mile. We need to expand our already industry-leading team, find the best people, and lead the charge.
We are currently looking for a Team Lead specialising in the Batteries area. The role of a Team Lead requires a proactive and methodical engineer who will drive multiple projects simultaneously to completion, whilst tracking cost, quality, time.
1. Responsibilities and work tasks
- Managing the project time lines and key status reports.
- Organisational responsibilities in supporting the team with technical and personal topics with regards to the project or business needs.
- Functional leadership and proposing improvements to the department’s methodologies and way of working.
- Supporting the team with all cross functional requirements and discussions such as issue reports, deviations and design change requests.
- Managing the team to deliver the following items:
- Assembly process structuring in 3DX, developing an efficient and safe Assembly process.
- Communicating concepts, processes, equipment and tooling placement, and creating a virtual build environment
- Identifying potential production technology issues and formulating solutions with Engineering
- Investigating, establishing, and implementing requirements for equipment, tooling, and methods of production
- Improving manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Creating, managing & updating visual standard operation procedures, manuals & safety documentation for Assembly processes (process flow document, mBoM, VMS, pFMEA, work instructions, assembly drawings)
- Working alongside Assembly Technicians to aid in the Battery Assembly
- Reporting and tracking non-conformances and deviations from the standard build process and driving them to closure
- Working closely with production, development, quality and the engineering department on manufacturing issues & improvement areas
- Providing manufacturing engineering information to other departments
- Demonstrating ability to determine root-cause of technical problems; identifying and implementing comprehensive solutions, and verifying the problems have been resolved
- Creating instruction materials & supporting training of department members on new processes & tools implemented for efficiency.
- Implementing process related tools such as “5S”, “standardize work”, “visual factory” to improve assembly efficiency.
- Advanced Knowledge of CAD software (SolidWorks or Catia)
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Strong organisational skills and systematic approach to work
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential
- Communicative team player
- Dependable and methodical (strict attention to detail)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-organized and goal-oriented
- Bachelor's or higher degree in the relevant field of study
- Manufacturing Engineering experience
- At least 4 year of professional experience
- Delivered a full project from design to handover to production
- Level of team responsibility – leading / coaching / mentoring a team
- Accountability for a substantial project budget
- Project Management experience
3. Considered as an advantage
- Experience in Battery Manufacturing – High or Low Volume
- Experience working on Battery modules or packs.
- Experience working in the Automotive Industry or any relevant Electrical field
- Strong understanding of quality assurance process, tools and methodologies
- Understanding of automotive regulations related to the field
4. What we are like and what we offer
- We operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Family-like and open work environment (subsidies for kindergartens, Christmas parties for kids, and presents for kids)
- Financial subsidy for transportation
- Additional and supplementary healthcare covered
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counseling
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
- Discounts at stores and clinics – for humans and pets 😊
If you are a creative, problem solving, open-minded, highly-motivated individual and you love a fast-paced environment and are up for the challenge – where were you hiding?